Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Little Late But Don't Be Afraid of the Dark



So, last night we finally got around to watching Guillermo del Toro's remake and despite the poor reviews, I must say that I really enjoyed this movie.  The spooky setting was simply delicious--the house was completely and appropriately dark and gorgeous.    I loved the bits with the little girl flash-lighting her way down to the foot of the bed and although much was predictable in this film, it was, at the same time, satisfyingly old-fashioned and just what the doctor ordered.  I simply adored the little creatures--maybe it's because I'm a sculptor but these little dark and nasty faeries were a joy to behold.  The creators ensured that each of these little guys had a distinctive and original appearance which just added to their overall malevolent charm.  Yep, I'll watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment