Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Haunted Mansion - Bridal Party & Crypt

So, in addition to the baby ghoul's funeral party set-up, I had a 'bridal party' with the unfortunate bride having lost her head. She was a hacked (no pun intended) Gemmy bride...cake made from cardboard and styrofoam covered in monster mud and great stuff foam. Also had a 'vampire's crypt' where I had my best special effect. Husband constructed a wood coffin with both sides opening. On one side I attached a skeleton in rotted clothes with a stake through his heart. As I explained to my visitors, while I removed the stake and shut the door..we had nothing to worry about--well,except for the skeletons lying about and the abandoned vampire hunter's kit. Hmmm "Oh no!! I forgot to put the stake back in the vampire's skeleton!" When I open the door again to replace the stake, out jumps a live vampire (my son). He would wait behind the door and then get in where the skeleton had been. It was so cool! Unfortunately, don't have pics of son but he was dressed as Nosferatu.






6 comments:

  1. WoOoOoOoOoOoOoW Pam! You really ARE the master of Halloween decoration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, not really...but thanks...there are so many cool home haunters out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds weird but...the corpses are SO pretty with the lights lol You know what I mean ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha! yeah, I know what you mean...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bride! She's quite...lovely!

    I'm really diggin' your idea for the vampire transformation. Wish I'd thought of that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gill-Man: I can't lay claim to that idea of the vampire transformation...I found it in "The Complete Haunted House Book" by Tim Harkleroad...it's a great Halloween handbook!

    ReplyDelete